Hurricane Born



I have heard said that 9 months after a hurricane, there is a baby boom. I can attest to this personally, as hurricane Isabel came through Virginia Beach in late August 2003 and my little lady was born in May 2004. Go ahead, do the math. I mean, there are only so many activities one can do when there is no power and you are trapped in your home. Thankfully, we did not lose power once during hurricane Sandy, but there is only so much T.V. an eight year old is willing to watch, so what does any good mama do to ease the boredom? Why, craft of course.

Emma, ever the naive idealist, says, "You should start a blog mama, I bet lots of people would read it!" So I did. You should know that a search of the term "craft blog" on google returns about 2,000,000 options. No joke.  It's cray cray!  So here are a few things you should know about this little space.

  1. I will not now, or ever, claim to be an original crafter. If you see it here it is most likely because I saw it somewhere else first. Most likely Martha Stewart, who let's be honest, every craft idea in the history of craft ideas was thought of by her first.  Truth fact!
  2. I will show you, to the best of my knowledge, how I make these things so that maybe you can reproduce the amazingness and rejoice in talent you probably didn't even know you had.
  3. I might sell things from time to time. You can only give a crayon roll as a gift for so many years before people start questioning your motives.
  4. You are not obligated in any way, shape or form to purchase aforementioned items.
  5. My personal life will make it into this space often. I don't know what to tell you.
So, there you have it. Let's get our craft on yo.

0 comments :