Christmas Countdown Printable



Christmas Countdown Printable
 
 

If you are anything like me (and I hope you are), you just can’t wait to get home and craft your Friday night away.  I KNOW RIGHT?! 
Actually, this is not the case.  What is really happening is that I realized that tomorrow is December 1, and I still don’t have a Christmas Countdown craft done.  Since I don’t want to be up until the break of dawn making something, I decided to make a printable.  All I did was print all four pages in color, on card stock, whipped out my exacto and started cutting little flaps, then with a little help from one of Emma’s glue sticks, stuck the pretty page to the ugly circle page and voila! Christmas countdown done.  What I have realized now though is that I will have to spend the weekend making sure we have all the necessary items needed to complete the things on the countdown so Emma doesn’t open up day 14 and be all like, “Where’s my five bucks?” and I don’t have it.
So if you are really anything like me, you too can download the printable and have it ready long before sunrise tomorrow.  You can even type in your own activities if you are so inclined.  Whatever you like. I am flexible like that.  
A few tips:
Use a ruler when cutting. A few of my cuts were pretty wonky.
 
When cutting the flaps, remember to only cut three sides and not all four. I am not telling you this because it happened to me, but because I just don’t want to you to have to waste valuable ink and cardstock when you get distracted and accidentally cut four sides instead of three. I care about your resources.

When you glue the pages together, make sure all the flaps are open. You know, otherwise you will glue the flap down too making this a relatively useless craft.
  
You can go all Craftinator on this project by adding embellishments  like glitter, or ribbon.  I actually thought it would be cute to stick little pieces of ribbon on each flap for easier opening, and then I was all like, forget that!
I hung this on my wall with glue dots, but you hang it however your crafty little self wants to.

0 comments :